Most of us know about the benefits of good dental health, but lots of people suffer privately due to having missing teeth. These people may feel ashamed, avoid having photos taken, and even experience anxiety and depression. The good news is that it doesn’t need to be this way. Dental implants offer a fantastic way forward for people who have missing teeth.
Do You Have Missing Teeth?
There are plenty of reasons why a person might have missing teeth, including the following:
- A dental infection that resulted in tooth extractions
- A sporting injury that caused teeth to be damaged or knocked out
- Poor dental health
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy that lead to bone density loss and damage to teeth
- Serious medications and medical treatments that result in teeth falling out
In many of these cases, having missing teeth can lead to embarrassment, anxiety, and even social isolation. Fortunately, dental implants in Canberra can help anyone in this kind of situation restore both their smile and their self-confidence.
Why Get Dental Implants?
If you’re seriously thinking about getting dental implants, here are some of the main benefits:
- Durable: One of the best things about dental implants is that they are durable and long-lasting, In fact, with the proper care and maintenance, they will last for a lifetime. This makes them a truly cost-effective solution for people with missing teeth and other dental issues.
- Natural-looking: During the process, the dentist will match the colour of the implant as closely as possible to that of the existing teeth. This means that the implants will look perfectly natural when they are installed. And because the implants are screwed firmly into the jawbone, they function just like natural teeth. Because they look and feel perfectly natural, you can also brush, clean, and floss them just as you would natural teeth.
- Improved dental health: One of the biggest problems with missing teeth is that it can cause other dental health issues. Because one or more teeth are missing, there can be a loss of bone density. This can lead to other teeth moving in the jaw and becoming crowded or unsightly gaps forming. Depending on where the teeth are missing from, it can also cause a hollowing or sagging of the cheeks, leading to a change in appearance. There are often even changes in speech and the ability to eat certain foods. Having dental implants helps to prevent these issues and can reverse them so that the person’s overall health and appearance are improved.
If you or someone you know has missing teeth, it can have a serious impact on confidence, health, and lifestyle. The good news is that dental implants represent a very effective method of addressing this issue.